After two years in Government, Tony Abbott still has no plans to deal with the dementia crisis in Australia, in spite of a pre-election promise to tackle dementia.
Tony Abbott has raided dementia care and other aged care service funding, abandoning vulnerable Australians, their families and care and service providers.
Tony Abbott promised to tackle dementia with funding for dementia research while ignoring care and innovative programs to tackle this chronic health issue.
September is Dementia Awareness month and Labor calls on Tony Abbott to restore funding for programs and services for people with dementia.
Some of Tony Abbott’s cruel cuts to dementia include:
• Axing the $16 a day Dementia and Severe Behaviours Supplement
• Slashing $20 million from innovative care projects
• Cutting $40 million from the Aged Care Workforce Fund
• Abandoning the Younger Onset Dementia Key Workers program from June 2016
• Discarding the world’s first dementia risk reduction program, Your Brain Matters
It’s time for Tony Abbott to treat dementia with the seriousness it deserves.
Do you like this post?